Sunday, January 13, 2013

Right or wrong?

I finally have the courage to reject something. Especially church things. I've never rejected any roles or responsibilities given, especially in church. In the past, when everyone asks me to do something, I'll definitely do it. Even if I'm burning at both ends, even when I am already very busy and stressed, I'll still do it. I felt so tired and discouraged, I lost the joy in serving. I served for the wrong purpose - because people ask me to do it and its hard to reject.

I spoke to my boyfriend about it. He scolds me whenever I picked up another responsibilities. He always remind me to know my limits. I remembered there was this time when my boyfriend's mother got so angry and nagged at my boyfriend about me because I told her I don't know how to reject. I have no courage to reject.

I slowly learn how to reject. This year, the youths are starting our own choir. I thought about it and prayed about it. With what happened during The week and everything, I feel so discouraged and I realized how burnt out I was. I mean, you see, I am a Sunday school pianist, teacher assistant, sometimes pianist or chairperson for youths. All these do clash together for certain weeks and I have to carry these three roles in a day. It gets a little too overwhelming, no? I've decided to not be part of the choir.

The adults, especially auntie Veron isn't very happy about it. I got lectured and pressurized. But look, my boyfriend's mother says I have to lean to reject. I was taught to find out about my strength and serve with my strength. Yes, I can sing, but its quite a tiring thing for me. Isn't it like days in Faith when I have to serve in all areas? I'm just afraid that I lose my purpose for serving again. But people, the adults, or auntie Veron specifically can't understand it. She always go back to the point -- a willing heart to serve. But... Aren't we taught to serve in our strength and not do everything? She said that its on a Sunday after fellowship and stuff, blah blah blah blah blah. But I am pretty sure I won't be carrying a positive heart. I'll definitely be very lethargic and tired. What should I do?

Why did I even think that people will understand or even empathize what im going through. Being in the last year of my academic with work and everything else. Can I still take on one more responsibility? Is whatever I'm doing right or wrong? I don't know anymore.

One of the unhappy Sundays I get. I hate being 'forced' or pressurized this way. Also, I can feel Daniel's nonsense coming back. Well. I'm so tired of all these. This week is so going to be a tough one without seeing my boyfriend for seven days straight and two deadlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment